Sunday 21 November 2010

Chrysanthemum 'Sarabor Lilac'




Chrysanthemum 'Sarabor Lilac' is one of the cultivars we grow in the polytunnel for late-season cut flowers: they are cursed for much of year for the amount of water they need, but their flowers are very welcome now. I'm not sure about the colour, but I do like watching the way the spidery flowers unfurl and mature, and how they catch the light in the window in lovely patterns of light and dark.

I can't confirm the name 'Sarabor Lilac' online, but it is possible that it has mutated in the past few years: a number of the labels are inscribed 'Samobor Lilac', obviously in subconscious thought of the Geranium phaeum of that name!

1 comment:

  1. Splendid! they remind me of sea anemones.
    The colour is vibrant, just what we need on a miserable wet November day.

    I suppose they only grow under shelter?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.